British Gas operates in the energy and home service sector in the United Kingdom. It has a massive reach in the country, catering to approximately 12 million households in various capacities. With such a widespread customer base, it is not surprising that many of people have British Gas complaints in the country.
However, what is most notable is that British Gas has a very good record when it comes to dealing with its complaining customers. If you are using British Gas services and have some complaints then you can also have them resolved swiftly and efficiently as well. Consider the following.
What Are The Various Ways Of Making British Gas Complaints?
British Gas traces its roots to the Gas Light and Coke Company which was established in 1812 and was the first public utility company to be formed in the world. Owing to its rich history and heritage, British Gas has a very strong complaints redressal system with separate subsystems being defined on the basis of the services in question. Here are the various through which you can complain to British Gas.
- Gas and Electricity Complaints: If your British Gas complaints are related to their Gas and Electricity services then you can contact them by phone, online form, or post wherein your letters will be sent to their Complaints Management Team.
- Pay As You Go Energy Complaints: The method of complaining for Pay As You Go energy services is the same as Gas and Electricity services.
- HomeCare Complaints: While you can make your HomeCare complaints to British Gas through phone and post (Helen Emms, Head of Customer Relations), you cannot do so with their online form. If you want to complain via the internet then you would have to formulate a complaints email and send it to ServicesCustomerTeam@britishgas.co.uk.
- Boiler Complaints: In case your British Gas complaints are related to boiler and central heating systems then you can call them on the British Gas contact number, email them at email@example.com, or post your complaint to Dave Rigby, Customer Experience Manager.
- Green Deal Complaints: You could also have complaints related to Green Deal. In such a scenario, you can complain to British Gas by calling them, posting your complaints to British Gas Customer Relations, or emailing your complaint to BGNEResolutions@centrica.com.
- Business complaints: It is also possible that you have a complaint on behalf of a business. In such a scenario, you can complain by calling them, filling an online form on their website, or posting your complaints letter to their Multimedia Team.
What Kind Of A Response Can You Expect From British Gas?
British Gas has clearly specified the standards that it tries to maintain while dealing with British Gas complaints. These standards are designed to make the consumer as comfortable as possible and ensure that their complaints are resolved in an amiable manner. Following are some highlights.
- Responding promptly to complaints,
- Inform the complainant if delays are expected in response,
- Maintain professional conduct and fairness,
- Keep provided details